Beautifully located place for Sollerön's first church
At the beginning of the 16th century, the St. Laurentius Chapel was built. The chapel was built entirely of wood and the roof was covered with plywood. There were shutters for all the windows. The associated open belfry had two bells. One of these, cast in 1530, is still there and is used for ringing the bell in Sollerö's current church. Every summer, services are held on the old chapel site, which in addition to the memorial stone is also adorned with a simple wooden cross. The chapel was demolished in 1781, but even today the remains of the western and northern parts of the chapel foundation can be seen.