Sollerö church began to be built in 1780, before that Sollerön belonged to Mora parish. At that time there was a church obligation and the people of Sollerö wanted to have their own church. An enterprising man named Jugen Jon walked to Stockholm three times and talked to King Gustav III. In the end, Sollerön became its own parish. The congregation was named Sophia Magdalena after Gustav III's spouse.
read more about Sollerö church